Sunday, September 8, 2013

I am very excited to begin my STEM internship this year! I have heard so many incredible projects my fellow students have worked on in the past, and can’t wait to be a part of this program. From developing video games, to creating sustainable packaging with mushrooms, to learning about the evolution of molecular life, the stories I hear of my peers’ internships never cease to amaze me. One thing I love about the internships of my peers is that they were all able to explain how their work has real-world application. With my own internship, I hope to explore an area of science that will both challenge and inspire me. I am looking forward to working with people who are passionate about their area of study, and enthusiastic about sharing their love of science with others. I have confidence that my internship will be a guiding factor in what I want to pursue in college. Also, it will be a great experience for me to get a feel for working in a real lab setting before I go to college!


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog post, Julia. I am impressed that you remembered so many of our previous projects, and that you are clearly so excited to get going. I am interested in your comments about real-world applications. We should consider that as we match you with a mentor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please add the two required gadgets. See assignment for details.

    ReplyDelete